Cleanups have been completed at the following beaches:
- Starr Road (~ river mile 94.7)
- Murray Road (~ river mile 94.2)
- Island Complex (~ river mile 95)
- Harvard Road (~ river mile 92.7)
- Flora Road (~ river mile 89.1)
- Barker Road North (~ river mile 90.4)
- Islands Lagoon (~ river mile 84.3)
- Myrtle Point (~ river mile 84.9)
When recreating on the cleaned up beaches, no health precautions are necessary.
If you are recreating on beaches upstream of the Upriver Dam, take these precautions:
- Protect yourself: “keep clean, eat clean, play clean.”
- Check fish consumption advisories, and do not harvest edible plants from floodplain areas.
- Wash hands with soap, take your shoes off at the door, mop & vacuum frequently, wash children’s toys and pacifiers frequently.
When you use the Trail of the Coeur d’Alenes, stay on the trail and in designated areas. Be especially aware in boat launch areas.
This project is supported by funds from the Washington State Department of Ecology.