VOLUNTEERS (with boats) NEEDED!
Join the Spokane Riverkeeper to Cleanup the Spokane River
The Spokane Riverkeeper is leading the on-the-water portion of the 14th annual Spokane River Clean-Up! If you have a boat and would like to help, let us know. The event will draw some 600 volunteers to help clean up sections of our Spokane River from the Spokane Valley to Peaceful Valley.
- EVENT: Spokane Riverkeeper Lower Spokane River litter pickup, www.facebook.com/events/1419059048159459
- DATE: Saturday, September 16
- WHERE: Water Street access, Chestnut Street, Peaceful Valley, Spokane
- THE JOB: On-the-water clean-up along the Lower Spokane River shoreline from the Water Street access to the TJ Meenach take-out. Coffee, doughnuts, litter bags provided. A shuttle will be set up. Riverkeeper insurance waiver must be signed.
- BRING: Class 1 plus, moving water, rocky shallows, mild rapids, bridge abutment avoidance skills. PFD, whistle, gloves, painter lines, dry bag w/ spare clothes if cold or rainy, spare paddle. Bring your own boat.
- TIME: 9:00 am - 12:00 noon
- CONTACT for more information or to volunteer: Jule Schultz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-464-7632